x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

KEYMANDER 2 not working properly

So I recently bought the KEYMANDER 2 yesterday and I got everything to light up and I can map all the buttons on the app and they work when I tap them but when I go to play or even touch the buttons to move on my game or home screen they do nothing at all so idk what to do. When I go into km emulation they don’t work but when I switch to km mode they work perfectly fine like normally putting a keyboard and mouse into the Xbox. So I’m kinda stuck now and I need help getting my buttons to work.

09/19/2021 8:52 PM

Ok, so let's get the following info so we can better help:

1. Xbox One or Xbox Series X?
  2. Which controller?
  3. What game/profile is loaded?
  4. What FW running on K2?
  5. Did you follow the setup seen here?

09/20/2021 2:04 PM

Reply to:

Ok, so let's get the following info so we can better help:

1. Xbox One or Xbox Series X?
  2. Which controller?
  3. What game/profile is loaded?
  4. What FW running on K2?
  5. Did you follow the setup seen here?

1.Xbox one

2.normal Xbox controller

3.default profile - there plenty of games I wanna play but as if rn I want to play dayz

4.latest FW

5.I’ve done all those steps u guys just don’t have the profile for my game but even so my keyboard and mouse will turn on and stuff and work when I press the keys cause I set them on the app, but they won’t work on the actual Xbox Home Screen or in game.

09/20/2021 7:10 PM

Reply to:

1.Xbox one

2.normal Xbox controller

3.default profile - there plenty of games I wanna play but as if rn I want to play dayz

4.latest FW

5.I’ve done all those steps u guys just don’t have the profile for my game but even so my keyboard and mouse will turn on and stuff and work when I press the keys cause I set them on the app, but they won’t work on the actual Xbox Home Screen or in game.

The default Xbox One profile should work, and your K2 LED bar should be lit up green, correct?

If your mouse was working but not keyboard (or vice versa) we would be looking at compatibility, but since both are not working and you have confirmed you are in KM Emulation Mode we need to check the most common cause which is lack of communication with the controller. This is normally due to one of two things, either the micro USB cable is not passing data or the controller is in Bluetooth mode. Did you use the provided cable to connect the controller to the K2 Controller Port? If so, make sure the controller has no batteries in it.

If the controller has batteries now, disconnect the controller and then remove the batteries and power down the Xbox by holding down the power button for 10 seconds so it doesn't go into sleep mode, and instead powers off.

Disconnect the K2 from the Xbox and from external power supply if connected.

Connect the controller directly to the Xbox console with the micro USB cable provided and turn the console on with the power button, NOT the controller button.

Wait for the Xbox to power on and for the controller to power on by itself.

Connect the K2 to the Xbox console and the unplug the controller with micro USB cable from the console and connect directly to the K2 Controller Port and wait for the K2 handshake to finish and the controller to light up by itself (do not press the controller power button).

Load the default Xbox profile and see if your keyboard and mouse will navigate through the Xbox menus.

Reconnect the controller and turn on the Xbox.

09/21/2021 2:13 PM

Reply to:

The default Xbox One profile should work, and your K2 LED bar should be lit up green, correct?

If your mouse was working but not keyboard (or vice versa) we would be looking at compatibility, but since both are not working and you have confirmed you are in KM Emulation Mode we need to check the most common cause which is lack of communication with the controller. This is normally due to one of two things, either the micro USB cable is not passing data or the controller is in Bluetooth mode. Did you use the provided cable to connect the controller to the K2 Controller Port? If so, make sure the controller has no batteries in it.

If the controller has batteries now, disconnect the controller and then remove the batteries and power down the Xbox by holding down the power button for 10 seconds so it doesn't go into sleep mode, and instead powers off.

Disconnect the K2 from the Xbox and from external power supply if connected.

Connect the controller directly to the Xbox console with the micro USB cable provided and turn the console on with the power button, NOT the controller button.

Wait for the Xbox to power on and for the controller to power on by itself.

Connect the K2 to the Xbox console and the unplug the controller with micro USB cable from the console and connect directly to the K2 Controller Port and wait for the K2 handshake to finish and the controller to light up by itself (do not press the controller power button).

Load the default Xbox profile and see if your keyboard and mouse will navigate through the Xbox menus.

Reconnect the controller and turn on the Xbox.

I had the same issue, I went through these troubleshooting steps and the controller worked in USB mode when connected directly to the Xbox but when I disconnect the controller from the xbox and plug it back into the keymander, the controller light just turns on and off and nothing works.

11/08/2021 2:56 AM

the light on the keymander 2 is green**

11/08/2021 2:57 AM

Reply to:

I had the same issue, I went through these troubleshooting steps and the controller worked in USB mode when connected directly to the Xbox but when I disconnect the controller from the xbox and plug it back into the keymander, the controller light just turns on and off and nothing works.

1. Did you take the batteries out of the controller and are you connected using the USB cable that came with the K2?
  2. What keyboard and mouse are you using?
  3. Are you using an external power supply and if so, what is the amperage rating?

11/08/2021 11:14 AM

Reply to:

1. Did you take the batteries out of the controller and are you connected using the USB cable that came with the K2?
  2. What keyboard and mouse are you using?
  3. Are you using an external power supply and if so, what is the amperage rating?

yes, no batteries in the controller and the controller works when plugged directly into console.

ducky one2mini / logitech g502

yes, a 2amp Samsung phone charger and a fast charge rated/data capable USB cable

11/10/2021 6:05 AM

Reply to:

yes, no batteries in the controller and the controller works when plugged directly into console.

ducky one2mini / logitech g502

yes, a 2amp Samsung phone charger and a fast charge rated/data capable USB cable

Is your controller a white model 1708 that came with an Xbox One S by chance? We have seen at least 3 of these controllers fail to pass USB data recently.

The easy way to tell if your controller will have a problem is to take out the batteries, connect it directly to the Xbox One with the micro USB cable and do not press any buttons. If the controller vibrates and powers on by itself, it will be fine. Connect it to your K2 and you're good to go. If however the controller vibrates but never turns on until you press the Xbox button, then the controller will only work in Bluetooth mode and will not pass USB data. You will need to use a working controller that passes data.

11/18/2021 4:39 PM

Hello, I have a problem with the keymander 2. I managed to get into the app and connect it and everything but when I connect the keyboard and mouse to any game it doesn’t work. The cord that I received when I bought it in the box that is sussposed to connect the controller to the device, does not fit in the end of my controller as it is a Xbox series s controller… and I don’t have the power cord connected to the keymander as I read it is not necessary. The keyboard and mouse does not react at all in any games, even though it lights up when it’s plugged in to the keymander.

11/07/2022 8:28 PM

Reply to:

Hello, I have a problem with the keymander 2. I managed to get into the app and connect it and everything but when I connect the keyboard and mouse to any game it doesn’t work. The cord that I received when I bought it in the box that is sussposed to connect the controller to the device, does not fit in the end of my controller as it is a Xbox series s controller… and I don’t have the power cord connected to the keymander as I read it is not necessary. The keyboard and mouse does not react at all in any games, even though it lights up when it’s plugged in to the keymander.

Since you are using the new gen controllers that have a USB-C connector, you want to make sure that you are using a charge and sync cable.

We encourage the usage of the power port for setups that have RGB lighting since they can often times require more power than the console can output through one USB port.

Are you able to set key binds on the K2 app?

11/08/2022 3:29 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,