x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

frustrated

when i go to connect my device to my xbox series x for a second it’ll connect and then my controller disconnects and start vibrating every so often i’m kind of upset as i literally just got this thing today i updated it to latest version watched videos of people praising it like it actually works but none on what to do if it doesn’t just really lost and want my money back if this doesn’t work

08/02/2021 1:02 PM

Hi Nathanb30, what keyboard and mouse are you using? Sounds like you have a power problem with a keyboard drawing too much current. Did watch our setup video and try adding an external 2A power supply to the K2 power port?

08/02/2021 2:01 PM

my keyboard works but as soon as i plug in my mouse the controller turns off i have both sources of power connected but still the controller turns off

08/02/2021 4:20 PM

Reply to:

my keyboard works but as soon as i plug in my mouse the controller turns off i have both sources of power connected but still the controller turns off

We need to know the following:

1. What keyboard and mouse do you have connected?
  2. What is the amperage rating on the power supply?

08/03/2021 5:51 PM

I had this same issue that randomly popped up with my Series X. Part of me thinks an update happened through the console that messed with the controller’s USB mode on certain controllers (I was using my old Xbox controller, not the new one that came with the console). I made no change whatsoever with my controller, console, and the app, yet this issue randomly started happening a few days ago. I’ve also had the new Series X console for about a month or so now.

I either was able to get the controller working for just a few seconds before the controller would stay on but wouldn’t send key inputs to my console somehow, yet my keyboard and mouse would continue to work, or was able to go through this loop as OP described where the controller vibrates and reboots as if it’s trying to connect over and over again.

Anyways …. the only solution I came up with was to not use the Xbox One controller (Model # 1708) but instead use the controller that the Series X came with (Model # 1914 - says this in very small font on the top right of the inside of the battery chamber). Just know you’ll need to use a different type of USB cable to plug into the controller. Both the controller and keyboard/mouse work fine with this change.

08/16/2021 7:56 PM

Reply to:

I had this same issue that randomly popped up with my Series X. Part of me thinks an update happened through the console that messed with the controller’s USB mode on certain controllers (I was using my old Xbox controller, not the new one that came with the console). I made no change whatsoever with my controller, console, and the app, yet this issue randomly started happening a few days ago. I’ve also had the new Series X console for about a month or so now.

I either was able to get the controller working for just a few seconds before the controller would stay on but wouldn’t send key inputs to my console somehow, yet my keyboard and mouse would continue to work, or was able to go through this loop as OP described where the controller vibrates and reboots as if it’s trying to connect over and over again.

Anyways …. the only solution I came up with was to not use the Xbox One controller (Model # 1708) but instead use the controller that the Series X came with (Model # 1914 - says this in very small font on the top right of the inside of the battery chamber). Just know you’ll need to use a different type of USB cable to plug into the controller. Both the controller and keyboard/mouse work fine with this change.

In your case that does make sense since nothing changed and suddenly this is happening. Also, good point about the update date, so I'll need to check our Series X to see that install date of the last firmware update so we can investigate that as well.

In his case I think we need to also look at the more common causes since it seems to be more common and it is a new install.

08/17/2021 1:43 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,