x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Any confirmed compatible trackballs?

Any confirmed trackballs working?]

My Kensington trackball Pro connects, all the buttons and scroll wheel work, but the mouse action is unresponsive. No input into the game at all, after tweaking all settings multiple times.

As the buttons themselves work fine, it looks incompatible. 200 dpi, if that matters. It is wireless with a 2.4 GHz adapter.

Are there any confirmed trackballs working with this product?

If not, I'll start buying some and testing them..

Edit: would I have better luck with wired versions?

09/06/2020 7:29 AM

We have not tested any trackballs, but I don't believe there are many that are high enough resolution to even consider using. We don't recommend anything below 2K dpi, and we normally suggest 3-5K or more depending on your ability and style of play (higher resolutions work better for snipers, etc.). Do you know of a good trackball with high resolution?

09/08/2020 2:06 PM

Reply to:

We have not tested any trackballs, but I don't believe there are many that are high enough resolution to even consider using. We don't recommend anything below 2K dpi, and we normally suggest 3-5K or more depending on your ability and style of play (higher resolutions work better for snipers, etc.). Do you know of a good trackball with high resolution?

Interesting information. I would like to discuss further. I have a Corsair scimitar 12 button mouse with a sensor rated at 12,000 dpi. For reference, I like to play at very high sensitivities to alleviate RSI. Most other players would consider my sensitivity settings "unplayable".

If I set the keymander dpi at 12,000 to match the mouse, the effective sensitivity of the mouse becomes way too low. Even with the game sensitivity and keymander sensitivity cranked to maximum. I have been using this Corsair mouse, rated at 12,000 dpi , with the keymander set at 1000 dpi, with good success. I definitely lose accuracy, but good enough for The Last of Us headshots on runners. This is very far away your from recommended settings, but I am favoring sensitivity over dpi and accuracy here.

On my PC, I have been gaming for years on a 300 dpi trackball, with all sensitivity settings maxed out. The per pixel accuracy is blocky, but fine for short and medium-range shooting. I don't play twitchy shooters or do any long-range sniping at small pixel targets without a scope.

I will test the ELECOM M-XPT1MRXBK thumb trackball (1200 dpi) and the Kensington trackball wired edition (300 dpi) today.

09/09/2020 12:41 PM

Reply to:

Interesting information. I would like to discuss further. I have a Corsair scimitar 12 button mouse with a sensor rated at 12,000 dpi. For reference, I like to play at very high sensitivities to alleviate RSI. Most other players would consider my sensitivity settings "unplayable".

If I set the keymander dpi at 12,000 to match the mouse, the effective sensitivity of the mouse becomes way too low. Even with the game sensitivity and keymander sensitivity cranked to maximum. I have been using this Corsair mouse, rated at 12,000 dpi , with the keymander set at 1000 dpi, with good success. I definitely lose accuracy, but good enough for The Last of Us headshots on runners. This is very far away your from recommended settings, but I am favoring sensitivity over dpi and accuracy here.

On my PC, I have been gaming for years on a 300 dpi trackball, with all sensitivity settings maxed out. The per pixel accuracy is blocky, but fine for short and medium-range shooting. I don't play twitchy shooters or do any long-range sniping at small pixel targets without a scope.

I will test the ELECOM M-XPT1MRXBK thumb trackball (1200 dpi) and the Kensington trackball wired edition (300 dpi) today.

There is quite a bit of difference between 300dpi on a PC and using 300dpi resolution on a console with KeyMander. Resolution in the console environment is actually taking the maximum movement speed of the game and cutting it into small chunks, kind of like how megapixels make up the size of the image in a digital photo, the smaller the chunks, the greater the precision. There is a point of diminishing returns and if you are someone that likes aim-assist, higher resolution will basically cause the aim-assist to read too much data and have no effect. If you find your method works for you, then go ahead and use it as it will not hurt anything, but it will be much more difficult to make precision movements. Also, you will need to remember that many games have a low maximum turn speed, so there isn't anything you can do in these games as you will hit the speed limit when sensitivity is set too high and you will ultimately slow down as explained here.

09/09/2020 7:32 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,