x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

K2 App and Firmware updates LIVE NOW!

Next week (week of 8/17) Today we are releasing both a K2 App update and a big firmware update. This update includes a new mouse movement algorithm that massively improves performance and reduces low speed mouse jitter in games with poor aim/look engines like Rainbow Six Siege. Because of this new algorithm you will need to adjust your mouse sensitivity (on both General and Aim tabs) after you update your K2 unit. The scale has changed approximately 30% for most games, meaning you will need to increase your current sensitivity by about 30% (or more depending upon the game) to play at the speed you are used to. This basically means that if your current sensitivity is 50, you will need to set it to about 65 or more to move at a similar speed after the update.

In addition to the major mouse improvement we have added the following:

• Allow Macro keys and other function keys to register simultaneously 
  • Added support for these fight stick controllers which will now work on all three consoles: 

Qanba Dragon Joystick (PS4)

Razer Panthera EVO (PS4)

HORI Real Arcade Pro.N Hyabusa (PS4/PS3/PC)

HORI Real Arcade Pro.4 KAI (PS4)

• Added support for XBOX ONE Controller Model 1697
  • Added support for Ducky One 2 keyboard
  • Fixed a bug causing mouse side buttons and mouse wheel button to not register when moving some mice

08/12/2020 11:38 AM

Sounds like a great update! Have you been able to test performance in Overwatch or other games?

08/12/2020 9:20 PM

It is live today! Update your app and then update your firmware directly from the app!

08/14/2020 10:39 AM

Reply to:

Sounds like a great update! Have you been able to test performance in Overwatch or other games?

Yes, go give it a try with Rainbow Six Siege and The Division 2 then let me know what you think!

The Rainbow Six Siege, The Division 2 and CoD: Modern Warfare profiles have been updated on Game Center to optimize them for the new mouse algorithm.

08/14/2020 10:50 AM

Reply to:

Yes, go give it a try with Rainbow Six Siege and The Division 2 then let me know what you think!

The Rainbow Six Siege, The Division 2 and CoD: Modern Warfare profiles have been updated on Game Center to optimize them for the new mouse algorithm.

Awesome! I don’t play either of those games (COD was taking up too much space—even after removing the extra downloads I don’t utilize) but I’ll try it out on Overwatch.

I’ve also been using the same Overwatch profile I posted about here for use on Rogue Company, which is in Closed Beta, and it works well for that game. Will definitely try this out today!

08/14/2020 1:51 PM

What do you mean by

:Allow Macro keys and other function keys to register simultaneously 

Thx for that update btw !

08/14/2020 2:10 PM

Reply to:

What do you mean by

:Allow Macro keys and other function keys to register simultaneously 

Thx for that update btw !

I assume it means that macros will work at the same time as other key presses.

Previously, when a macro was activated, you couldn’t do anything else until the macro script ended. Now it seems like you can, for example, walk forward and activate a macro that performs different key presses on its own, while still continuing to walk forward.

08/14/2020 3:09 PM

Reply to:

Previously, when a macro was activated, you couldn’t do anything else until the macro script ended. Now it seems like you can, for example, walk forward and activate a macro that performs different key presses on its own, while still continuing to walk forward.

Thank you for your answer

08/14/2020 5:09 PM

Is there a way I can go back to the previous update?? I downloaded this for apex Legends it has completely messed up everything aiming wise for me it’s glitchy

08/14/2020 9:42 PM

Tried it last night, in both Rogue Company and Overwatch. I think its definitely a great improvement; seems like there’s a less chance of aim-stuttering when moving the mouse fast. I made the necessary setting changes to make the sensitivity the same speed as it was before (about 30% increase as stated).

Only thing I noticed is that when moving the mouse very slow in OW, it seemed like there was a noticeable deadzone, even though my settings are set to 0,0,0 for that particular setting, and thus made my precision aim jittery.

08/15/2020 8:48 AM

Reply to:

Yes, you are absolutely correct.

08/17/2020 12:53 PM

Reply to:

Is there a way I can go back to the previous update?? I downloaded this for apex Legends it has completely messed up everything aiming wise for me it’s glitchy

We will be updating our Apex Legends profile this week on Game Center. What is it that is glitching? Post the sharing code to your profile and we can take a look at it.

08/17/2020 12:55 PM

Reply to:

Tried it last night, in both Rogue Company and Overwatch. I think its definitely a great improvement; seems like there’s a less chance of aim-stuttering when moving the mouse fast. I made the necessary setting changes to make the sensitivity the same speed as it was before (about 30% increase as stated).

Only thing I noticed is that when moving the mouse very slow in OW, it seemed like there was a noticeable deadzone, even though my settings are set to 0,0,0 for that particular setting, and thus made my precision aim jittery.

When deadzone is set to all zeros the game will ignore slight mouse movements as they fall into the "deadzone" of the controller sticks. By setting the deadzone to the point where the crosshairs just start moving, any slight tick will start the aim/look moving in that direction. In the previous firmware, setting the deadzone to all zeros was a way to artificially smooth mouse jitter since it took more input to actual trigger aim/look movement. I would strongly suggest setting the deadzone correctly for this firmware as it has a much improved algorithm to help prevent jitter.

08/17/2020 1:00 PM

Reply to:

When deadzone is set to all zeros the game will ignore slight mouse movements as they fall into the "deadzone" of the controller sticks. By setting the deadzone to the point where the crosshairs just start moving, any slight tick will start the aim/look moving in that direction. In the previous firmware, setting the deadzone to all zeros was a way to artificially smooth mouse jitter since it took more input to actual trigger aim/look movement. I would strongly suggest setting the deadzone correctly for this firmware as it has a much improved algorithm to help prevent jitter.

I will take a look at increasing the deadzone, then, and seeing if it improves. I believe the default was 4,4,4 if I recall. It’s not really game breaking, it just makes it difficult to shoot the basketballs in the hoop while in the spawn room, which you can’t really be a pro unless you can do that accurately ;)

Other than that it definitely feels like a major improvement. Aiming feels more solid and turning speed seems vastly better.

08/17/2020 1:06 PM

Reply to:

We will be updating our Apex Legends profile this week on Game Center. What is it that is glitching? Post the sharing code to your profile and we can take a look at it.

590930, on Default 1. Glitchy as like when I move my mouse it wants to stutter when turning my camera in game like I’m moving to fast to the right or left and it’s trying to cap me. I’ve tried all different kind of DPI from 4K-12k it’s just weird because I’ve had it faster and it didn’t do this before the update it felt like smooth pc gameplay but now I can’t find any settings to match what I had before the update.

08/19/2020 8:35 AM

Reply to:

590930, on Default 1. Glitchy as like when I move my mouse it wants to stutter when turning my camera in game like I’m moving to fast to the right or left and it’s trying to cap me. I’ve tried all different kind of DPI from 4K-12k it’s just weird because I’ve had it faster and it didn’t do this before the update it felt like smooth pc gameplay but now I can’t find any settings to match what I had before the update.

Apex Legends does have a maximum turn speed that is lower that CoD but higher than R6S and OW, so it can definitely cap your speed and cause issues. That said, I noticed your deadzones were a touch off and your traction control was at default setting, so fixing those and moving the traction control to 2 will feel much better. I posted our updated profile in Game Center for you to try as well. Are you setting the in-game sensitivity or 7 or 8?

08/20/2020 6:07 PM

Major issues with the new

08/20/2020 7:57 PM

*My bad* accidentally clicked submit. Major issues with the new firmware for me. The sensitivity in Apex Legends will drastically decrease randomly. I've tried going to default settings, resetting my app, *from what I know of I can't reset my device*, nothing seems to work... before the update my sensitivity was stuttery but it wouldn't randomly just slow down. I'm not too sure what caused this issue. The aim is smoothe and all, but yea it really affects aiming when while turning it feels like it's at 50 sens.

08/20/2020 8:00 PM

Reply to:

*My bad* accidentally clicked submit. Major issues with the new firmware for me. The sensitivity in Apex Legends will drastically decrease randomly. I've tried going to default settings, resetting my app, *from what I know of I can't reset my device*, nothing seems to work... before the update my sensitivity was stuttery but it wouldn't randomly just slow down. I'm not too sure what caused this issue. The aim is smoothe and all, but yea it really affects aiming when while turning it feels like it's at 50 sens.

Yes bro this is happening to me too and on cod , it will move so slow and when I jump and move it changes to 50 sen and I die .

08/21/2020 1:29 AM

Reply to:

Apex Legends does have a maximum turn speed that is lower that CoD but higher than R6S and OW, so it can definitely cap your speed and cause issues. That said, I noticed your deadzones were a touch off and your traction control was at default setting, so fixing those and moving the traction control to 2 will feel much better. I posted our updated profile in Game Center for you to try as well. Are you setting the in-game sensitivity or 7 or 8?

I’m sitting at 7 for the aim assist 8 I did try it effected it but not as bad I’ll try fixing those two things and try out the new updated profile thanks for the reply! If I don’t mind asking what deadzones would you recommend to try I feel like lower is better but I also don’t know.

08/21/2020 8:38 AM

Reply to:

I feel this pain but hopefully this new profile will fix it!

08/21/2020 8:39 AM

Reply to:

What is your in-game sensitivity? is it 7 or 8?

08/21/2020 11:43 AM

Reply to:

I’m sitting at 7 for the aim assist 8 I did try it effected it but not as bad I’ll try fixing those two things and try out the new updated profile thanks for the reply! If I don’t mind asking what deadzones would you recommend to try I feel like lower is better but I also don’t know.

You are likely feeling the effects of the aim-assist bubble, as it is much more sticky with the new mouse algorithm. When you move past a potential target is slows your aim/look speed to stick you onto the target. Change sensitivity to 8 and you will notice a difference. Play around in the firing range and move your view around the red guys and you will feel what I mean.

08/21/2020 11:46 AM

I use adv. settings. With your *new mouse algorithm* I even attempted the default settings, off of the top of my head I can't remember the recommendation #s. With the last *algorithm*, adv settings were more for me. No aim assist, my own setup. Still had the same issue with recommended settings right now with the sensitivity drastically lowering. I prefer the last algorithm. *edit* the slowing effect with the target is the target's (red bot hitbox) forced aim assist. It has always been a part of Apex. The bots themselves have aim assist boxes on them. Oh, and *not to be rude* i know it not to be the cause cuz in random lobbies it'll still do the same thing even at the edge of the map with no one near me. :/

08/25/2020 8:51 PM

Could we have the old mouse algorithm cause with the new one If I'm playing high sense i can't even turn Fully without it slowing down then go up again can we please have some help. Thx

08/27/2020 12:21 PM

Reply to:

Could we have the old mouse algorithm cause with the new one If I'm playing high sense i can't even turn Fully without it slowing down then go up again can we please have some help. Thx

We will post a link to the previous firmware tomorrow for those that want to downgrade to it.

08/27/2020 7:15 PM

Reply to:

We will post a link to the previous firmware tomorrow for those that want to downgrade to it.

The software will be found here when our system refreshes at midnight.

If you want to downgrade you will want v1.1.107 not the current verison.

08/28/2020 6:36 PM

Thank you! I appreciate the constant help y'all give.

08/29/2020 11:51 AM

Reply to:

The software will be found here when our system refreshes at midnight.

If you want to downgrade you will want v1.1.107 not the current verison.

So I need to download the software on my PC and plug my KeyMander then downgrade it with the software?

08/29/2020 4:44 PM

Just realized my issue with the firmware, I use a mobile setup with no PC ? idk how I can downgrade.

08/30/2020 5:56 PM

Reply to:

Just realized my issue with the firmware, I use a mobile setup with no PC ? idk how I can downgrade.

Me too thats why i was asking

08/30/2020 6:38 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,