x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Charge and sync USB?

I keep seeing that I need a “charge and sync” USB cable to make it work, does anyone have a link to this I am very confused on what charge and sync is.

06/25/2020 9:47 AM

Charge and sync just refers to a cable that has the internal wire for data transfer. These cables are normally used with android phones and digital cameras to sync with a computer. This used to be the normal micro USB cable, but unfortunately some companies began making cables without the data wire to save money and these cables are only good for charging. These charge only cables are normally what come with wireless controllers like those from Microsoft.

06/25/2020 11:17 AM

Do you have a link to one of these cables I can buy? I don’t know what USB cables I have that are charge and sync or just charge

06/25/2020 1:11 PM

Reply to:

Charge and sync just refers to a cable that has the internal wire for data transfer. These cables are normally used with android phones and digital cameras to sync with a computer. This used to be the normal micro USB cable, but unfortunately some companies began making cables without the data wire to save money and these cables are only good for charging. These charge only cables are normally what come with wireless controllers like those from Microsoft.

Or is there a way to check if the usb I have is charge and sync or not

06/25/2020 1:26 PM

Reply to:

Or is there a way to check if the usb I have is charge and sync or not

The easy way to check your cable is with an Android phone or device like a camera. Simply connect to your PC and see if you can transfer anything from your device to your PC. If so, your cable has the data wire inside and you are good to go.

Here's a cable on Amazon labeled "sync and fast charging" so it passes data.

06/26/2020 10:30 AM

Commenting on this thread as it's related. Same situation. Looking for a cable from keymander 2 to new Xbox s (c cable) controller, as all I try do not work. Didn't get a cable with the keymander 2. Can you recommend, I'm in uk

11/05/2021 10:39 AM

Reply to:

Commenting on this thread as it's related. Same situation. Looking for a cable from keymander 2 to new Xbox s (c cable) controller, as all I try do not work. Didn't get a cable with the keymander 2. Can you recommend, I'm in uk

The KeyMander 2 only includes a USB A to micro USB. You need a standard USB A to USB type C cable that passes data, which is a standard cable these days. This one should work as it is rated for data and charging.

11/18/2021 4:20 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,