x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

App Setup

Hello, just bought this product. I habe Xbox one. I habe followed all the instructions. I habe the keymander 2 plugged into the rear usb slot. Everything is plugged in as it should. The problem I'm having is with the app setup, it will not let me update the firmware. Also I cannot change the mapping, when I try it says (listening..) but I speak and nothing happens. My microphone is on, I checked.

The keymander 2 is not working on the Xbox one. I have changed the profile to default Xbox one. I have a brand new Amazon basics keyboard. Nothing is happening when I press any buttons, only the control works as normal. What is the issue plz help. To me it seems this products is useless, I must be wrong. I hope.

04/24/2020 10:44 AM

It sounds like you may have downloaded our app before we released the app update last Friday. If so, please go to your app store and update your K2 App, then try again. 

The listen mode is waiting for you to press the key you want to use, not speak to it.

04/24/2020 10:46 AM

I tried pressing keys, nothing happens. The keymander does not register any button presses. Only my controller works as normal. The cords are all sync cables, and it's plugged into ac power adapter. I have all the cords in the correct ports. I have the app updated, I have followed all the directions. Why can't I just plug this into my computer and make it work that way? Why isn't there an option to avoid the app? Apps never work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Still cannot update the firmware it's the same issue. I have no choice but to return this product.

04/24/2020 8:45 PM

Reply to:

I tried pressing keys, nothing happens. The keymander does not register any button presses. Only my controller works as normal. The cords are all sync cables, and it's plugged into ac power adapter. I have all the cords in the correct ports. I have the app updated, I have followed all the directions. Why can't I just plug this into my computer and make it work that way? Why isn't there an option to avoid the app? Apps never work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Still cannot update the firmware it's the same issue. I have no choice but to return this product.

I am pretty sure the problem is your Amazon basics keyboard. Apparently they are not using a standard ASCII protocol and we have heard they are having issues. If you have any other keyboard you can use or borrow, please connect it and it should work.

04/27/2020 11:29 AM

I have gotten another keymander 2 device, in process of returning other one. Thinking maybe it was defective. I will get different keyboard and mouse. But I'm still having the problem with the app not updating the firmware. The app is 1.0.077. What could be causing that issue?

05/04/2020 10:03 PM

Reply to:

I have gotten another keymander 2 device, in process of returning other one. Thinking maybe it was defective. I will get different keyboard and mouse. But I'm still having the problem with the app not updating the firmware. The app is 1.0.077. What could be causing that issue?

We have now know the Amazon Basics keyboards are not compatible, so please let us know what keyboard you will be getting so we can see if we have tested it.

What mobile device are you using with it and what cellular service provider do you use? There may be an issue connecting to our OTA server if the update isn't completing with app 1.0.077. Also, are you located in U.S., Canada or outside?

05/05/2020 10:55 AM

I have not bought another keyboard, plz tell me what is one you know works within a $50 price range? I'll have to buy a mouse with it.

My phone is a Samsung galaxy s7, I use straight talk with it, on AT&T network, GSM.

I have the current app version. It says 1.0.077.

I am located in Hawaii, thank you very much for taking time to reply to me.

05/09/2020 1:31 AM

Reply to:

I have not bought another keyboard, plz tell me what is one you know works within a $50 price range? I'll have to buy a mouse with it.

My phone is a Samsung galaxy s7, I use straight talk with it, on AT&T network, GSM.

I have the current app version. It says 1.0.077.

I am located in Hawaii, thank you very much for taking time to reply to me.

Can you let me know the model number of your Amazon Basics keyboard so we can purchase one?

The Kaliber Gaming GKB720RGB-BN is my favorite keyboard under $50 and I'm actually typing this post on it. I may be biased since I work for the company, but I use it every day for typing and I use one for gaming as well. It's mechanical, RGB and has an aluminum chassis that to me looks super cool.

05/14/2020 2:50 PM

i am having the same problem but my space bar and windows key work but nothing else

01/07/2021 2:26 PM

Reply to:

i am having the same problem but my space bar and windows key work but nothing else

What console are you on?

What keyboard and mouse do you have?

What game profile did you install?

01/08/2021 11:35 AM

Add a comment

Welcome,