x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Help with turn speed.

Is turn speed something you can bypass with the settings or is it a limitation to the device. I tried playing rainbow six siege and it feels really bad compared to PC. I used the default profiles and changed the in game settings, which did nothing because the default profiles do not even use turn speed or mess with the mouse accel. graph. I spent a couple hours messing around with my sensitivity and have found no good solution to fix the cap with turn speed. I dont understand why there is turn speed when with a controller I can do what seems two full 360 degree turns in a second giving me an instant headache but when I do a small flick with the mouse it doesnt turn. I tried messing with the mouse acceleration but that gives a feeling to what I am not used to on PC. I also still play some games on PC with a mouse so I don't think I could learn to deal with the turn speed. because I switch back and forth on the consoles depending on the game. Any help?

04/12/2020 7:48 PM

I’ve heard that R6S doesn’t have the best mechanics. It will be very difficult to make it even remotely like a true PC feel since you are limited to the game’s max turn setting. Just make sure you keep the game’s X and Y settings at max and then make adjustments in the app for how sensitive you want that to be. Generally, I make sure I can do a full 360° turn if I took my mouse and moved it from one end of my mousepad to the other end.

It will take some time to get used to it, and every game will feel different, but just keep practicing and eventually it will feel natural.

04/13/2020 9:45 AM

Reply to:

I’ve heard that R6S doesn’t have the best mechanics. It will be very difficult to make it even remotely like a true PC feel since you are limited to the game’s max turn setting. Just make sure you keep the game’s X and Y settings at max and then make adjustments in the app for how sensitive you want that to be. Generally, I make sure I can do a full 360° turn if I took my mouse and moved it from one end of my mousepad to the other end.

It will take some time to get used to it, and every game will feel different, but just keep practicing and eventually it will feel natural.

This is absolutely correct. The aim/look mechanics for R6S on console are awful in comparison to games like Modern Warfare which has an excellent aim/look engine. R6S has both a non-linear progressive response and a somewhat low maximum turn speed that makes it a poor comparison versus the PC version. That said, you can tweak the in-game and profile settings to improve it a lot, but it will always feel different.

We have a "work in progress" profile you can try posted on Game Center for the PS4 version with "3/20" added on the end. This version has two sub profiles for the newly updated control options, "Classic" and "Updated" and the in-game settings are listed for it on the profile download page in Game Center. If you are on XB1, you can convert this profile pretty easily as explained here, while we continue to try and improve things around the game's current aim/look engine.

04/13/2020 1:21 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,