x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Keyboard and Mouse not working on PS4

Hi. I have followed the manual and set up my keymander2 as directed. Once connected, I updated the firmware. I am able to pair with the device and choose my profile but the keyboard and mouse do not work. I am using a Logitech G Pro keyboard and it will not light up when plugged in to the keymander. Any help would be greatly appreciated

03/27/2020 1:44 PM

Does the Keymander 2 app give a low voltage warning for you? I’d definitely recommend plugging in a USB power source, which is the 4th input.

Also, maybe just try replugging everything. Sometimes I also have to disconnect both the power and connection to console if an initial connection doesn’t work properly—this is mostly when starting the console and after reconnecting everything works well.

03/27/2020 1:51 PM

Reply to:

Does the Keymander 2 app give a low voltage warning for you? I’d definitely recommend plugging in a USB power source, which is the 4th input.

Also, maybe just try replugging everything. Sometimes I also have to disconnect both the power and connection to console if an initial connection doesn’t work properly—this is mostly when starting the console and after reconnecting everything works well.

Thanks for the reply. I have the 4th input inserted already and have never seen a low voltage sign. I have unplugged everything, including the console, and plugged it back in multiple times. I’ve read through the other forums and tried to find a solution to no avail

03/27/2020 1:54 PM

Does your controller turn on?

Also did you make sure your controller is set to usb mode not Bluetooth?

03/27/2020 4:42 PM

Reply to:

Does your controller turn on?

Also did you make sure your controller is set to usb mode not Bluetooth?

I made sure to change the controller to usb mode. When I turn the controller on while its plugged into the keymander, it connects via bluetooth. I unplugged the keymander and plugged the controller directly into the PS4 and I'm able to connect via USB. I'm not sure what else to try

03/27/2020 5:00 PM

I havent used a PlayStation since the PS2 (sorry...) but are you using the default controller? Are there any other USB ports on the console you could try? Also what color is the light bar on the K2 when you have everything connected?

Lastly, turn on the console and make sure the USB mode is activated in the console settings and then unplug the following: the cable from the K2 going to your console followed by the cable going from your power source to the K2. Then, plug the power source back in to the keymander, this should turn on your controller and power up your mouse/keyboard. Before connecting to your console, connect to the device with your phone so the light bar is green then plug in to your console.

This method seems to work for me if any sort of glitches occur; it’s kind of like rebooting your PC. Let me know if this works for you.

03/27/2020 8:00 PM

i have tested several different officially licensed PS4 controllers. I’ve tried different models of controllers even. The K2 pulses from dark blue to light blue when everything is connected. The PlayStation is set to usb mode. The K2 does not power on my keyboard or mouse even though I have the extra power source plagued in

03/28/2020 12:48 PM

Reply to:

i have tested several different officially licensed PS4 controllers. I’ve tried different models of controllers even. The K2 pulses from dark blue to light blue when everything is connected. The PlayStation is set to usb mode. The K2 does not power on my keyboard or mouse even though I have the extra power source plagued in

It doesn’t power your k/m with only the controller, keyboard, mouse, and the power source plugged in (so not plugged in to the console)? You also verified that the usb power adapter works? Definitely sounds odd. Have you tried other keyboards?

Also, this may be a weird suggestion, but if your controller plugs in and powers up, just to make sure your USB power adapter can power both the K2 and your keyboard, can you try plugging in the keyboard to controller input? I haven’t tested if this would do anything, but I’m assuming that it would at least provide power. I’m trying to eliminate whether or not it’s the actual hardware or maybe there’s a power issue or something. Just troubleshooting what I can, really.

My assumption is that if your controller powers up fine in the controller input, and if your keyboard powers up fine in the controller input as well, then *maybe* it’s a hardware issue. I can try out some things on my end later when I get home and try to help you out, but dhamilton may be the only one who can really help further unfortunately.

03/28/2020 1:09 PM

Reply to:

What are you using for a power supply to the KeyMander's Power port?  It needs to be a 1Amp or greater supply.  Also, make sure the PS4 controller is fully charged before connecting to the KeyMander 2. The most common reason for the keyboard and mouse not powering on is the PS4 controller is pulling too much current when the batteries are low, especially with older controllers. 

Let's start over and check this step by step:

1. Disconnect the controller, mouse and keyboard from the K2 unit.
  2. Connect the K2 unit to the PS4 and load a PS4 game profile into the KeyMander and wait for the LEDs status indicator to turn blue.
  3. If the KeyMander 2 status LEDs are blue, connect at least a 1Amp power supply to the KeyMander 2's Power port.
  4. Connect the controller. The controller should briefly glow orange to indicate USB.  
  5. Next connect the mouse and make sure the mouse powers on (lights turn on). 
  6. Connect the keyboard last and make sure it powers on.

If the KeyMander 2 turns off or shuts off power to any device there is a power problem. Either the external power supply is not greater than 1 amp, or one of the devices connected is drawing too much current from the K2 unit. You can easily troubleshoot this by swapping the controller and then the keyboard to see which one causes the issue.

03/30/2020 10:32 AM

There is easy set up video you could follow it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAJ4eQ_fXeQ&t=14s

04/05/2020 6:30 PM

I had the same problem the other day.Later, I changed a set of keyboard mouse.As a result, everything is normal.

Before the abnormal time also often shows the low power problem.

04/06/2020 6:24 AM

Reply to:

I had the same problem the other day.Later, I changed a set of keyboard mouse.As a result, everything is normal.

Before the abnormal time also often shows the low power problem.

If your keyboard and mouse have RGB backlight you will likely need to use the optional power port connected to a 1Amp or greater power supply like the image below. That should solve the low power problem.

04/07/2020 7:35 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,