x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Mouse Side Buttons

My mouse side buttons are not working unless I plug the mouse into the keyboard port and the keyboard into the mouse port. I have one of the side buttons binded to V to melee. If I have them plugged in as stated above, when I melee my character stops moving. For example, if I am holding W to walk forward and press the mouse button to melee, it stops W being pressed and I have to let go of it and press it again to keep walking forward. Keymander doesn't recognize the mouse inputs for the side buttons when plugged in to the correct ports.

03/24/2020 2:24 PM

What mouse and keyboard are you using?

03/24/2020 3:59 PM

Red Dragon K585 and Red Dragon M720

03/24/2020 7:10 PM

Reply to:

Red Dragon K585 and Red Dragon M720

We don't have those models here but we will try to duplicate the issue with some Redragon models we do have on hand. We have had some problems with a couple Redragon products in the past that used non-standard ASCII protocols, but we've also tested others that worked fine so it seems hit and miss from that company.

While we are looking into it do you have another mouse you can test?

03/25/2020 3:17 PM

I do not have another mouse with side buttons. Just standard mice.

03/26/2020 12:44 PM

i have a logitech g403 and im trying to map the mouse side buttons also, there are 2 buttons on the side i see in the app that i can map the center wheel to a key lets say for apex legends its mapped as Y. i see in the "Macro" section there is and "Ultimate ability -> Side Button" but cant figure out if thats were i setup the side button can someone give me some instructions on how to setup the side buttons on my mouse. ive also tried to set the side buttons on mouse to keybindes on keyboard from logitech app for example "Mouse button 4 -> G" still dosent work can someone assist please.

04/09/2020 8:27 PM

Reply to:

i have a logitech g403 and im trying to map the mouse side buttons also, there are 2 buttons on the side i see in the app that i can map the center wheel to a key lets say for apex legends its mapped as Y. i see in the "Macro" section there is and "Ultimate ability -> Side Button" but cant figure out if thats were i setup the side button can someone give me some instructions on how to setup the side buttons on my mouse. ive also tried to set the side buttons on mouse to keybindes on keyboard from logitech app for example "Mouse button 4 -> G" still dosent work can someone assist please.

If you want to map the side buttons or keyboard bindings, you need to use the “mapping” feature in the settings. Macros are different and I don’t think it’s what you are looking for.

04/10/2020 5:53 PM

Yea I got the side button 1 to work but have side button 2 and scroll wheel I want to map aswell, dont see that option there in mapping yet hopefully that gets added soon. Its important to have as many mappable keys on your mouse its important in FPS games. Hopefully this gets changed in the future

04/10/2020 11:30 PM

Reply to:

Yea I got the side button 1 to work but have side button 2 and scroll wheel I want to map aswell, dont see that option there in mapping yet hopefully that gets added soon. Its important to have as many mappable keys on your mouse its important in FPS games. Hopefully this gets changed in the future

I believe Mouse wheel will be added at some point, if not in the update that is hopefully expected to be released soon. I also think side buttons are also in the works from what I have read.

04/11/2020 8:28 PM

The side buttons on my Logitech g600 doesn’t work and I called and I heard it’s not compatible Right now, when are y’all gonna add it on the Keymander please ?

04/29/2020 1:00 PM

Reply to:

The side buttons on my Logitech g600 doesn’t work and I called and I heard it’s not compatible Right now, when are y’all gonna add it on the Keymander please ?

The G600 side buttons are not compatible at this time. I am hoping that we can add a patch for it in the future as I have already sent that mouse to our engineering team to profile it.

04/29/2020 7:58 PM

Reply to:

I believe Mouse wheel will be added at some point, if not in the update that is hopefully expected to be released soon. I also think side buttons are also in the works from what I have read.

I received the new beta app this week that supports scroll up and down programming, as well as several updates. I believe it will roll out next week.

04/29/2020 7:59 PM

Reply to:

I received the new beta app this week that supports scroll up and down programming, as well as several updates. I believe it will roll out next week.

Sounds cool thanks for the update

04/29/2020 8:03 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,