x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Controller Keeps Shutting Off

I randomly have my Xbox One controller shut off and when I turn it back on, my adapter doesn’t work and I need to do the whole process of shutting my Xbox down and turning it back on. Any help?

03/19/2020 4:33 PM

Hi Stefan,

If your controller is shutting off it sounds like you need to connect the extra power input on the front of the KeyMander 2 to a 1A or greater USB power supply like a phone charger. Try removing the batteries from your controller and connecting the extra power input on the KeyMander to the USB power supply. Let us know if that helps. 

03/19/2020 4:45 PM

Reply to:

Hi Stefan,

If your controller is shutting off it sounds like you need to connect the extra power input on the front of the KeyMander 2 to a 1A or greater USB power supply like a phone charger. Try removing the batteries from your controller and connecting the extra power input on the KeyMander to the USB power supply. Let us know if that helps. 

Sorry I am a bit confused, what do you mean by extra power supply? I’m not tech savvy

03/19/2020 4:49 PM

Reply to:

Sorry I am a bit confused, what do you mean by extra power supply? I’m not tech savvy

Hi Stefan,

No problem. On the front of the K2 unit there is an micro USB extra port labeled Power. In cases were the game console does not provide enough power to the KeyMander 2 unit you can connect a micro USB cable between this Power port and a minimum 1Amp USB power supply like a smartphone charger as shown in the image below:

03/23/2020 10:16 AM

Reply to:

Hi Stefan,

No problem. On the front of the K2 unit there is an micro USB extra port labeled Power. In cases were the game console does not provide enough power to the KeyMander 2 unit you can connect a micro USB cable between this Power port and a minimum 1Amp USB power supply like a smartphone charger as shown in the image below:

Ok so I am still having the same problem where my controller shuts off after no use for even 5 minutes at the least.

04/07/2020 4:06 PM

Reply to:

Ok so I am still having the same problem where my controller shuts off after no use for even 5 minutes at the least.

Let's check a few things.

Are you using an original Xbox One controller or an aftermarket controller?

Have you updated the controller firmware? If not, please do this:

Check the USB connection to controller by opening the Xbox menu, going to System>Settings>Devices & Streaming>Accessories. When the Xbox controller is displayed on the screen, select the three dots below the Configure box. Select the Firmware Update even if “No update available” is displayed. Select Continue. If you see a message saying to insert batteries or connect a USB cable after pressing continue and it will not attempt to update, the controller is connected to Xbox One in Bluetooth mode and you will need to follow the steps below to switch it to USB communication.

Do you have batteries in the controller or are you using it without?

Does the status LED on the KeyMander 2 change color when the controller shuts off or does it always stay green?

04/07/2020 7:13 PM

Reply to:

Let's check a few things.

Are you using an original Xbox One controller or an aftermarket controller?

Have you updated the controller firmware? If not, please do this:

Check the USB connection to controller by opening the Xbox menu, going to System>Settings>Devices & Streaming>Accessories. When the Xbox controller is displayed on the screen, select the three dots below the Configure box. Select the Firmware Update even if “No update available” is displayed. Select Continue. If you see a message saying to insert batteries or connect a USB cable after pressing continue and it will not attempt to update, the controller is connected to Xbox One in Bluetooth mode and you will need to follow the steps below to switch it to USB communication.

Do you have batteries in the controller or are you using it without?

Does the status LED on the KeyMander 2 change color when the controller shuts off or does it always stay green?

Alright so yeah, I managed to make it work so thanks for that, however the only problem I have now with this KEYMANDER is the response I have when trying to lean in Rainbow 6 Siege. I press Q and E for lean yet it doesn’t want to respond sometimes.

04/08/2020 5:38 AM

Nvm now it turns off after booting up the Xbox. The light does stay green after it shuts off.

04/08/2020 6:14 AM

Reply to:

Nvm now it turns off after booting up the Xbox. The light does stay green after it shuts off.

This randomly happens to me as well. Whenever it happens, try this: Unplug both the Xbox and power cables from the KM2, wait a few seconds, then plug both back in—I generally start with the Power cable first then plug the KM2 to the Xbox.

If that still doesn’t work, you may need to force the Xbox One to go into USB communication mode:

1. Disconnect the controller from KeyMander 2. 
  2. Disconnect KeyMander 2 from the Xbox One console. 
  3. Disconnect the external power cable from KeyMander 2 (if attached). 
  4. Press and hold Xbox power button on console for 10 seconds until the console shuts down. 
  5. Unplug the power cable from the console for 1 minute. 
  6. Reconnect power cable to the console and turn on using the power button on the console. DO NOT press the power button on a controller! 
  7. When the green Xbox screen comes on during boot up, connect the controller directly to the Xbox One console using the micro USB cable. (Controller should light up by itself indicating it is in USB mode.)
  8. Reconnect KeyMander 2 cable to the rear USB port on Xbox One console. 
  9. Reconnect external power cable to KeyMander 2 power port (if needed). 
  10. Disconnect the controller micro USB cable from Xbox One and reconnect to KeyMander 2 (Controller should light up by itself indicating it is in USB mode. 

04/08/2020 2:59 PM

Reply to:

Alright so yeah, I managed to make it work so thanks for that, however the only problem I have now with this KEYMANDER is the response I have when trying to lean in Rainbow 6 Siege. I press Q and E for lean yet it doesn’t want to respond sometimes.

I noticed that after the last R6S update I have to hold the button for about half a second now to lean. It seems the button hold timing has changed as I didn't notice this before the March update.

04/08/2020 3:54 PM

Reply to:

This randomly happens to me as well. Whenever it happens, try this: Unplug both the Xbox and power cables from the KM2, wait a few seconds, then plug both back in—I generally start with the Power cable first then plug the KM2 to the Xbox.

If that still doesn’t work, you may need to force the Xbox One to go into USB communication mode:

4. Press and hold Xbox power button on console for 10 seconds until the console shuts down. 
  5. Unplug the power cable from the console for 1 minute. 
  6. Reconnect power cable to the console and turn on using the power button on the console. DO NOT press the power button on a controller! 
  7. When the green Xbox screen comes on during boot up, connect the controller directly to the Xbox One console using the micro USB cable. (Controller should light up by itself indicating it is in USB mode.)
  8. Reconnect KeyMander 2 cable to the rear USB port on Xbox One console. 
  9. Reconnect external power cable to KeyMander 2 power port (if needed). 
  10. Disconnect the controller micro USB cable from Xbox One and reconnect to KeyMander 2 (Controller should light up by itself indicating it is in USB mode. 

We had an original XB1 controller (no mic jack) here that started acting strange after the Xbox One controller update. We had to perform the USB communication steps you posted AND add external power which this controller didn't need before. It seems something in the controller firmware update may cause it to draw more power. In any case, here's exactly what we had to do to make it run normally:

4. Connect the controller to the Xbox One console with a micro USB cable and update the controller firmware from the Xbox One system menu.
  5. After the controller finishes the update disconnect the controller from the Xbox One.
  6. Press and hold Xbox power button on console for 10 seconds until the console shuts down. 
  7. Unplug the power cable from the console for 1 minute. 
  8. Reconnect power cable to the console and turn on using the power button on the console. DO NOT press the power button on a controller! 
  9. When the green Xbox screen comes on during boot up, connect the controller directly to the Xbox One console using the micro USB cable. (Controller should light up by itself indicating it is in USB mode.)
  10. Reconnect KeyMander 2 cable to the rear USB port on Xbox One console. 
  11. Pair the KeyMander 2 to the phone and go to the Library tab and wait for your Xbox One game profile to sync.
  12. Reconnect external power cable to KeyMander 2 power port. 
  13. Connect the controller to KeyMander 2 (Controller should light up by itself indicating it is in USB mode. 
  14. Connect mouse and keyboard.

04/08/2020 4:02 PM

Reply to:

We had an original XB1 controller (no mic jack) here that started acting strange after the Xbox One controller update. We had to perform the USB communication steps you posted AND add external power which this controller didn't need before. It seems something in the controller firmware update may cause it to draw more power. In any case, here's exactly what we had to do to make it run normally:

4. Connect the controller to the Xbox One console with a micro USB cable and update the controller firmware from the Xbox One system menu.
  5. After the controller finishes the update disconnect the controller from the Xbox One.
  6. Press and hold Xbox power button on console for 10 seconds until the console shuts down. 
  7. Unplug the power cable from the console for 1 minute. 
  8. Reconnect power cable to the console and turn on using the power button on the console. DO NOT press the power button on a controller! 
  9. When the green Xbox screen comes on during boot up, connect the controller directly to the Xbox One console using the micro USB cable. (Controller should light up by itself indicating it is in USB mode.)
  10. Reconnect KeyMander 2 cable to the rear USB port on Xbox One console. 
  11. Pair the KeyMander 2 to the phone and go to the Library tab and wait for your Xbox One game profile to sync.
  12. Reconnect external power cable to KeyMander 2 power port. 
  13. Connect the controller to KeyMander 2 (Controller should light up by itself indicating it is in USB mode. 
  14. Connect mouse and keyboard.

Also, when do you plan on fixing the R6 lean issue. I understand the issues you could have fixing it especially with the virus situation.

04/11/2020 5:19 PM

Reply to:

Also, when do you plan on fixing the R6 lean issue. I understand the issues you could have fixing it especially with the virus situation.

What lean issue? Lean works great in R6S so please confirm your issue.

04/13/2020 1:07 PM

alright to add onto this thread, i have the same problem. i TRIED EVERYTHING recommended on this section/thread. PLEASE give more info.

04/21/2020 3:11 PM

Reply to:

alright to add onto this thread, i have the same problem. i TRIED EVERYTHING recommended on this section/thread. PLEASE give more info.

Please check the following on your Xbox One:

1. Please check and update your console.
  2. Please check and update your Xbox One controller.
  3. Have you updated your K2 App to v1.0.077?
  4. Have you updated your K2 firmware to v1.1.106.004?
  5. Do you have external power connected to the K2 power port?
  6. Do you have the K2 connected to a rear Xbox One port?
  7. What XB1 controller are you using?

04/22/2020 1:43 PM

Reply to:

Since I made this post I did everything that included updates and stuff regarding my xbox controller. However, even with those updates it did not seem to work until I hooked up the actual KEYMANDER to the front port on the Xbox. I also have an extra power supply which does help with the Xbox controller turning off. But anyways, all I did was change where all the wires and things went, followed the instructions given to me (unplugging the power chord etc.) and it finally has been working amazing. Good luck.

05/10/2020 6:01 PM

Reply to:

Since I made this post I did everything that included updates and stuff regarding my xbox controller. However, even with those updates it did not seem to work until I hooked up the actual KEYMANDER to the front port on the Xbox. I also have an extra power supply which does help with the Xbox controller turning off. But anyways, all I did was change where all the wires and things went, followed the instructions given to me (unplugging the power chord etc.) and it finally has been working amazing. Good luck.

Hi Stefan, that may mean your other USB ports on your console are having communication or power issues. Is yours an original XB1 or a later version such as the S or X?

05/13/2020 1:12 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,