x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Keymander won’t connect

I have an Xbox series s and I followed every step in plugging everything in but my controller won’t turn on unless I force it to and I cannot move the mouse or use any keys in game.

04/01/2024 2:40 PM

Hello,

Sounds like this is being caused due to the Sync cable.

Please try this test with a few diffferent USB-C cables you may have around.

1. Power off controller completely
  2. While the controller is off, connect your controller via USB DIRECTLY to your console (bypassing the Keymander 2).
  3. Check to see if your controller turns on by itself OR if it requires you to press the home button to power on when you connect the USB.

You need to have a cable that will power on your controller by itself without you needing to press the home button. If you do not have one around your house, you will need to get a USB-C "Charge and Sync" cable for your series X controller.

04/01/2024 4:01 PM

Reply to:

Hello,

Sounds like this is being caused due to the Sync cable.

Please try this test with a few diffferent USB-C cables you may have around.

2. While the controller is off, connect your controller via USB DIRECTLY to your console (bypassing the Keymander 2).
  3. Check to see if your controller turns on by itself OR if it requires you to press the home button to power on when you connect the USB.

You need to have a cable that will power on your controller by itself without you needing to press the home button. If you do not have one around your house, you will need to get a USB-C "Charge and Sync" cable for your series X controller.

I’m using the one that the keymander came with

04/01/2024 4:08 PM

Reply to:

I’m using the one that the keymander came with

Did the cable pass the test?

04/02/2024 9:46 AM

Reply to:

Did the cable pass the test?

Uh no it did not and I just bought another one right from the store charge and sync still doesn’t turn on by itself.

04/02/2024 10:37 AM

Reply to:

Uh no it did not and I just bought another one right from the store charge and sync still doesn’t turn on by itself.

Do you happen to have a different controller you can try?

This would really be the most important step. If the controller is failing to power on and sync to the Xbox directly, it definitely won't be syncing when going through the K2.

04/02/2024 4:29 PM

Reply to:

Do you happen to have a different controller you can try?

This would really be the most important step. If the controller is failing to power on and sync to the Xbox directly, it definitely won't be syncing when going through the K2.

I got it to power on by itself but now after a little my wasd keys aren’t working but I can’t aim and shoot and use everything else but wasd to walk around.

04/02/2024 7:20 PM

Reply to:

I got it to power on by itself but now after a little my wasd keys aren’t working but I can’t aim and shoot and use everything else but wasd to walk around.

Okay, if you have found a cable that will power on the controller every time, you can now proceed with testing for compatibility with your mouse and keyboard. Again, this is crucial as if it doesn't power on by itself, it means it is not syncing....

Begin with ONLY having the K2 connected to your console and keyboard. Go to mappings on the K2 and check to see if it registers keystrokes on your keyboard when attempting to map/bind a key. If the key registers in the app after saying "listening", then it's a compatible keyboard.

After you have confirmed that, now do the same with ONLY the K2 connected to your console and mouse. Head over to mapping and check to see if it allows you to map left/right click on your mouse after saying, "listening".

If one fails to register, this is a strong indicator of that keyboard and/or mouse being incompatible, and you'll need to try out a different one.

04/03/2024 1:52 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,