x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Keeps going into direct mode

I have tried everything. I have another power source and everything. I can go with 20 mins or sometimes 10 seconds and it disconnects PLEASE HELP ME

07/18/2023 11:08 PM

Hello,

Does this happen on its own even when you aren't actively using the keyboard and mouse or is it only happening during usage?

07/19/2023 1:44 PM

Reply to:

Hello,

Does this happen on its own even when you aren't actively using the keyboard and mouse or is it only happening during usage?

Both

07/19/2023 6:41 PM

Reply to:

Both

If you disconnect everything and ONLY have the K2 connected to your console, does the issue still persist?

Just leave it connected and wait a few minutes before checking through the app.

If you find that it doesn't switch modes, please begin with only plugging in one thing at a time and check to see if it's the keyboard or mouse that could be triggering the switch.

07/20/2023 4:54 PM

Reply to:

If you disconnect everything and ONLY have the K2 connected to your console, does the issue still persist?

Just leave it connected and wait a few minutes before checking through the app.

If you find that it doesn't switch modes, please begin with only plugging in one thing at a time and check to see if it's the keyboard or mouse that could be triggering the switch.

i did that and it switched modes again

07/21/2023 1:58 AM

Reply to:

i did that and it switched modes again

Okay, so if it's switching modes with nothing connected, it could be a bad firmware that was installed. First, let's try just a normal reset. This can be down by pressing down both buttons on top of the K2 for about 7 seconds.

If this does not fix the issue, we may need to flash the firmware which will require a Windows PC.

07/21/2023 8:20 AM

Reply to:

Okay, so if it's switching modes with nothing connected, it could be a bad firmware that was installed. First, let's try just a normal reset. This can be down by pressing down both buttons on top of the K2 for about 7 seconds.

If this does not fix the issue, we may need to flash the firmware which will require a Windows PC.

It did not work how do I flash it

07/22/2023 4:22 AM

Reply to:

It did not work how do I flash it

Download the firmware utility HERE

1. Download and extract the firmware utility.
  2. Disconnect everything from the K2.
  3. While holding down both buttons on top of the K2, connect the USB to your Windows PC and remain holding for about 10 seconds.
  4. Run the .exe file from the fw upgrade folder.
  5. Allow the firmware to install.

*If the utility says device is not found, retry step 3.

07/24/2023 4:40 PM

Reply to:

Download the firmware utility HERE

1. Download and extract the firmware utility.
  2. Disconnect everything from the K2.
  3. While holding down both buttons on top of the K2, connect the USB to your Windows PC and remain holding for about 10 seconds.
  4. Run the .exe file from the fw upgrade folder.
  5. Allow the firmware to install.

*If the utility says device is not found, retry step 3.

I did try this it still does the same thing

08/17/2023 2:07 PM

Reply to:

I did try this it still does the same thing

Hello,

If this is still happening even after flashing firmware and even with no mouse or keyboard connected, it sounds like it may just be a faulty unit with a hardware issue.

If still under warranty (2 years), I would recommend reaching out to support@iogear.com to begin a warranty replacement.

08/17/2023 3:47 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,