x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Key toggle macro

is there a way to setup a macro to hold a controller button down indefinitely?

Due to my dissability i have to use my feet for most of my gaming. the keymander allows me to use my pc setup of a mouse and controller on console! Got everything set up and the device works excellent. just need some macro help..

02/20/2022 1:14 AM

Hi Xanodia, you can program the macro to Launch Once, Hold & Repeat or Auto Repeat. You set this operation after recording and before it can be saved.

03/02/2022 1:26 PM

Reply to:

Hi Xanodia, you can program the macro to Launch Once, Hold & Repeat or Auto Repeat. You set this operation after recording and before it can be saved.

I saw those settings but nothing to specifically hold a button down until deactivated. I'm using the hardware for a shooter and essentialy need a toggle to a button like a press to aim instead of hold.

03/02/2022 3:13 PM

Reply to:

I saw those settings but nothing to specifically hold a button down until deactivated. I'm using the hardware for a shooter and essentialy need a toggle to a button like a press to aim instead of hold.

Ok, now I understand what you mean. We do not currently have that as an option, however if you tell me what your macro is and how you use it I will see I can come up with a work around to accomplish the same thing.

03/04/2022 3:25 PM

Reply to:

Ok, now I understand what you mean. We do not currently have that as an option, however if you tell me what your macro is and how you use it I will see I can come up with a work around to accomplish the same thing.

In splatoon 2 the camera has an auto rotation with the character when running left or right that fights camera inputs. this feature disables when firing weapons, using motion controls, or holding the quick turn button "y" which when held, keeps the camera steady. i'd like to make a toggle macro to hold this button down for long periods but also easy to disable when needed.

side note dealing with mouse emulators. have you guys ever dabbled in the idea of having mouse inputs translate to motion controls avalible in console games instead of the camera stick? or is that not possible?

03/12/2022 2:33 PM

Reply to:

In splatoon 2 the camera has an auto rotation with the character when running left or right that fights camera inputs. this feature disables when firing weapons, using motion controls, or holding the quick turn button "y" which when held, keeps the camera steady. i'd like to make a toggle macro to hold this button down for long periods but also easy to disable when needed.

side note dealing with mouse emulators. have you guys ever dabbled in the idea of having mouse inputs translate to motion controls avalible in console games instead of the camera stick? or is that not possible?

We do have the option to swap the sticks so mouse moves the player and the keyboard moves the camera. This is the Stick Swap function in the K2 App and is normally used for activating weapon wheels or looting in games that use the opposite stick for the function, but it can be left on to stay swapped as long as needed.

For the Macro you want, try recording it by holding the key bind for the Y button down for a longer period, save the macro and set it to auto repeat. You may have to play with the timing as it repeats until the key is pressed again, but I don't remember if it stops instantly or waits until the macro is finished before ending repeat.

03/17/2022 9:36 AM

Add a comment

Welcome,